Purpose and activities
The Australasian Council of Women and Policing’s vision is to:
– improve the policing services provided to women
– improve the opportunities and outcomes for women within policing
– participate in the global network of women in policing.
The Council was formed in 1997 as an outcome of the First Australasian Women in Policing Conference held in Sydney 1996.
The Council’s activities include:
- Annual National Excellence in Policing Awards,
- Australasian Women and Policing series of conferences,
- Publishing the Journal of Women and Policing
- Keeping members informed through an email discussion list, and
- Providing advice and data to a range of stakeholders, researchers and students.
The Council aims to be a leading organisation within Australasia in:
- improving the policing services provided to women;
- improving the opportunities and outcomes for women within policing; and
- participating in the global network of women in policing.