2019 Australasian Council of Women and Policing Conference
Call for Abstracts:
The Australasian Council of Women and Policing (ACWAP), with the support of the Australian Federal Police (AFP), will host the 2019 ACWAP Conference in Canberra, Australia from 2 to 5 September 2019.
This prestigious event on the Australasian Law Enforcement calendar, will combine the 11th Biennial ACWAP Conference and the 21st ACWAP Excellence in Policing Awards.
The conference theme “Collaboration – The future belongs to us”: will focus on how law enforcement responds to women in the communities we serve and how leadership can be strengthened especially for women.
The 2019 conference will provide an ideal learning and networking forum for police officers, police practitioners, law enforcement officers, federal agents, customs, immigration, quarantine, and corrections officers, investigators, managers, police administrators, lawyers, researchers, academics, activists, students, and advocates for women’s human rights both locally and internationally.
Abstract Submissions are NOW OPEN!
A number of streams will be presented during the Conference including but not limited to:
- Personal Development
- Career pathways
- Leadership development
- Training and Development
- Safety & Wellbeing
- Women, Peace & Security
- Social Media
- Indigenous & Multicultural Engagement
- Effective Partnerships
- Recruitment, Retention
- Organisational Change
- Leading change
- Ethics & Corruption
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Operational Policing (Investigations, case studies, new initiatives)
- Prevention and Intervention (Disruption, intervention and prevention strategies)
- Serious and Organised Crime
- Domestic & Family Violence
- Police Effectiveness
The conference invites people to consider speaking at the conference. Those interested must provide an abstract to the Program Organising Committee. The criteria for the abstract are –
- It forms the basis of what you intend to give your oral presentation on at the conference;
- The oral presentation will be for 40 minutes, including question time;
- All presentations must be original work
- You must indicate your co-authors/presenters;
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to gain approval of their agency/department (if required) to submit an abstract and present, should the abstract be accepted for presentation.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the instructions on the Conference website using the submission form located at website www.acwap.com.au
Download the abstract template document here.
All presenters are encouraged to participant in full conference. A discounted registration rate will be offered for presenters.
Deadline for submission: 5 April 2019
Notification of Acceptance: 30 April 2019
Deadline for author registration: 30 June 2019
Deadline for final paper submission: 30 July 2019
Program Organising Committee:
Chair: Kylie Flower
Co – Chairs: Leanne Lomas and Kim Eaton
Abstract submission guidelines are available at:
Australasian Council of Women and Policing website:https://acwap.com.au/
Further information is available by email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org